Friday, August 22, 2008

Acetate Box

This is the box that nearly killed me...I suppose it's simple enough to make, but I did it wrong TWICE and then it took me nearly an hour to put on the top and bottom. Whoa, it wore me out! It's not all that pretty, but I am proud that I finished it! I love boxes and bags, but it seems like my measurements are always a bit off which makes it difficult when assembly time comes around. I'll have to attempt it again with better acetate, mine is too thin and flimsy.

I am approaching 7500 hits....can anyone tell me the difference in hits and visitors? My blog counter is showing the visitors and not the hits; but when I look at Blog Patrol, it gives numbers for both. I am lost trying to understand the difference. Allison and Anessa will have to look over me, I'm a tech 'tard.

So anyway, I'll be offering some blog candy toward the end of the month...stay tuned.
ETA: We just ordered satellite internet, hopefully I will be off dial-up next week. Woot! Woot!

11 comments:

Ana Baird said...

very pretty! Love the yellow flower!

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

So glad you stuck with it to the end! It looks great!

Janine said...

Glad you finally got it right... THis is so pretty!!

Allison said...

Great creation! I'll do a post on "hits" versus "visits" later, k?

Lauren said...

Congrats on the upgrade! Your box is so cute - I'm glad you kept at it.

AlienAnessa said...

Dang, I think you did a great job on this!! I'm not sure I would have stuck with it to the end, I'm quite volatile that way, yikes!

As far as hits and visitors, hits are inconsequential to anyone but web and network admins. Unique visitors are the most important gauge of how popular your blog/site is. Hits indicate the "calls" to a web server, so for example, if you have 20 images on a page and someone visits your website, there are 21 "calls" to your web server: one for each image and one for the html. Hits are irrelevant; unique visitors, which are recorded via IP address (which is a unique fingerprint for each computer), are important.

malieta said...

Tina....your box is beautiful girl!!! I love everything about it!!!
Do you have a template to share? I would really love to make an acetate box.
Take care and have a great weekend:)
risa:)
p.s. congratulations on the hits!

Lynn said...

Tina,
Your too funny, tech tard. All the trouble this box was is sure worth it, cause its adorable!!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is beautiful, Tina!

So sorry you had fits with it, but it sure looks perfect from here!!

Adrienne said...

I love that box! Such a cute idea to use as a gift box!

Guess what?
I entered into a contest and will need all of the votes possible to win! :D You can read about how to vote for me on the first two posts on my blog! http://scrappin-a-rose.blogspot.com
I will need all the support I can get! :D I appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Smriti said...

Tina, that's a beautiful box. Looking at it, I think I too want to make one. It was worth all the tries :)

ShareThis