Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Wishes for Birthday Fishes

This uses Lauren's MyTime Sketch #1 (they are issued every Saturday); I wasn't sure about it, but since the sketches are meant to challenge you, I attempted it. I didn't use rounded squares, but instead substituted the ovals. I thought about it and I came up with a fish bowl of sorts for the circular element. The fish are from PTI Pond Life; the sentiment is from Pond Life Sentiments; I hand wrote the Best Wishes because my white ink pad isn't white enough. I'll have to get the re-inker soon.

Cody is excited about going to the sitters house today; she has some yorkies and poodles; he loves animals. And, he rides the same bus home and he's just a few mintues away from home.

9 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

You would never know you were stumped. This is super cute! Great colors too. Thanks for playing and stepping out of that comfort zone!

Annapurna said...

Great job with the sketch. Nice color coordination with the DP and the fish.

Susan said...

uber cute card Tina! Glad that you found an arrangement for Cody that makes both of you feel good!

Kathryn said...

Fantastic Card -- Love the fish and the color is great!! :)

My Paper World said...

very cute Tina! The paper is gorgeous, and looks just like bubbles! perfect for your fun fishy card! xx

Deb Neerman said...

Love it! Great job!!

Lynn said...

This is such a fun card!
Love the cut out and the wording!

AlienAnessa said...

Dang, I thought for SURE I'd been in here to comment on how cute this is!! I really love the color gradations!! Just love it!

malieta said...

Wow...your card is super cute Tina! I love what you did with this challenge and your DP is beautiful!

ShareThis