Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Colorful Christmas

This card uses the mytimess3 sketch from Lauren; I had a difficult time with this one as well. I am a circle person, so the squares throw me off. I took the cue from Lauren's sample and offset the snowflake stamp on the squares. I know you don't see alot green and purple snowflakes, but I love this color combo.

The papers are all PTI except the Old Olive which is from SU! You can see the snowflake embossing folder, it adds so much texture. Don't you love the yummy stitched ribbon; also from PTI!

The snowflake stamps are from Verve, the sentiment is from PTI Mixed Messages. I used nesties to make the squares as well as their mats.

It's my first Christmas card for this year. I gotta get cracking on them soon! I think I know which set I am going to use, it's just a matter of find an easily recreatable design and color scheme.

Cody and Duke went shopping for a few toys yesterday morning and Cody ended with a high priced toy without Duke even paying attention. He chose something for over $20.00 when his allowance is only $7.00 per week. Ha! AND, they rearranged the entire store; they couldn't find a darn thing!!

9 comments:

Adrienne said...

This is adorable! I love the little scalloped squares and how they are dimensional! :D Pretty pretty!

Annapurna said...

Cute incorporation of inchies. Very nice!

zukesgirl said...

I love the colors --- the red makes it Christmasy and the other two make it fun!

Tracy

Allison said...

Terrific creation!

Lauren (mytime) said...

LOVE the POP that puprle has. Great colors for a winter/holiday card. Really awesome. Thanks for playing

Catherine said...

your christmas card is just just adorable, love it!

Susan said...

love the christmas card -- and I will definitely be using that snowflake folder on some of my cards this year as well!

Jenn D said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

AlienAnessa said...

Dang TH, this is a wonderful card, and offsetting the snowflakes is splendid! That embossing folder really added awesome texture to this card! That cracks me up about Cody's toy, we have to shop for toys at BigLots or that would happen to us often!!

ShareThis