Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just Because Daisy

I used Jen's SFYTT for this week, another great sketch! The stamps are from PTI Floral Frenzy. The dp is Basic Grey, cardstock is SU! Chocolate Chip and I used PTI white for the image. I tried about 5 times to sponge the panel to "age" it to match the distressed paper, but it just didn't work out. I'm just not good at distressing!

My interviews went ok yesterday, but I really wasn't that impressed with either person. Then, I got home and had a message from a lady that was interested. I ended up giving her a call and found out she lives just down the street from me! I went to meet her and ended up spending about two hours with her and her family. She has a mentally handicapped daughter and she raises dogs. I just felt so at home and comfy with her. And, the upside is that Cody didn't want to go home.
Duke was off visiting some friends of his yesterday and will not likely make it home before 5:00 pm today. Hopefully, I can pull this dinner off all by myself.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a pretty card, love the colors you used! This is such a fun sketch!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh how neat! I like how you stamped the head again and then layered the sentiment over top of it!

Annapurna said...

Neat card. It will even work for a masculine card because of all the colors and stripes.

Glad you found someone you like for Cody.

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

great card! i love the ribbon up top! cuuuute! thx for playing! hugs-jd

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this!! My new favorite!

That BasicGrey DP is terrific ... which collection is that? Love that combo!

~Hugs!!

Kathryn said...

Very pretty -- Love the shade of blue you used for the flower! :)

ShareThis