Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nestabilities Bookmark

This is a bookmark I was commissioned to make with my co-worker's granddaughters picture (I am certain that my punctuation is not correct in that sentence). Anyway, the picture is one of those plastic bookmarks from school pictures and is not practical in usage. I have Basic Grey magnetic snaps as the closure.
Our day at Nascar Speedpark was just perfect! All the kids were VERY well behaved and seemed to have a great time. And, even my family showed up for us and actually participated in a real way.
We were exhausted by the end of the day, but it could not have been more perfect. We'll be taking Cody's birthday money to help us get some school clothes today. We have a tax free weekend this weekend for clothes, computers, and school supplies. With our local sales tax at nearly 10%, this is a significant savings at the cash register.
I'll catching up on all my favorite blogs later today or on Monday. Thanks so much for all the lovely comments and well wishes.

5 comments:

Annapurna said...

Looks nice. may be a ribbon into an eyelet in the top will prevent it from slipping down, but then that might become a tag. I don't know. I am confused :-))

Jenn D said...

WooHoo for a tax free weekend! I hope you get lots of great deals and clothes. Colin is badly in need of school clothes. 3 more weeks until Kindergarten starts here.

I'm glad you had a great time yesterday and that everyone enjoyed themselves.

I hear you on the catching up. I've slowly gotten off schedule and behind too.

Allison said...

A neat idea...TFS!

AlienAnessa said...

What a great bookmark!! Every single time I see one of your creations, I think "I NEED those Nestabilities!!" but....

Needless to say, I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time at the speedpark! Got your email and just keep re-reading that part about what a perfect day it was, if ever there was one!!!!

AlienAnessa said...

What a great bookmark!! Every single time I see one of your creations, I think "I NEED those Nestabilities!!" but....

Needless to say, I'm so glad that you had such a wonderful time at the speedpark! Got your email and just keep re-reading that part about what a perfect day it was, if ever there was one!!!!

ShareThis