Sunday, August 24, 2008

Some Birthday Wishes

I used Lauren's Saturday Sketch #2; this one was easier for me than the previous one. I used Really Rust, Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, PTI Kraft, and dp from Basic Grey Boxer. The main image is from SU! Office Accoutrement and the sentiment from PTI Mixed Messages. And, the background image is from Cornish Heritage Farms.

I'll be using this card for either my mother or my aunt, who share birthdays on September 16th. I am not that close with my mother, but recently, steps in the right direction have been taken. I am hoping that our relationship can be repaired.

7 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is just wonderful, Tina!!! Love the color combo, the stamps, the Office Accoutrement image ... everything!

Is that SU stamp still available, dormant, or retired?!? LOL, you need a score card to keep it all straight, huh?!?

Great card, Kiddo!

~Hugs, Deb

Allison said...

Super job Tina...love the color mix and use of that set (I never see it!).

Lynn said...

Excellent card! I really like how you paired it with the Cornish note pad back ground stamp!

Its sad that your not close with your mom, I hope the two of you can work things out!

AlienAnessa said...

Now this is a beyond awesome card, TH!! Love, love, love this so much!! I so adore how you did the entire thing!!! You know I'm pulling for you with your mom. Let me know your strategies, I "might" use them!!!

Lauren said...

Great card. This layout is awesome.

malieta said...

What a stunning card and I love your color combo!
Either your mom or aunt will love this beautiful card.
I don't know you that well Tina, but I truly hope that you and your mom repair your relationship. Just take it one day at a time:)
hugs
risa
BTW...your mom "bd" and mine are very close. Mine is Sept.15th!!! Us Virgos appear to be mean, but deep down we are very loveable people:)

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I LOVE the mini calendar. Such an adorable card. Thanks for playing along.

ShareThis