Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heart to Heart

I made this card to pass onto the lady that took care of Duke's mom before she passed on. You may or may not know that Duke's mom passed away April 2007 due to complications from Alzheimer's. I never got the chance to know her as the disease had already progressed when he and I met. On a lighter note, later when she was unable to form words or sentences, we always knew she was happy when she yodeled. We really miss her!

I'll be making others for the staff at the VA hospital where my grandfather is; he also suffers from this horrible disease. I have to say that seeing someone suffer from this disease is heartbreaking; their memories, even the precious ones, are stripped from them.

The uber talented Carolyn King is offering blog candy in excess of $1000.00, you can click here to see more about it as well as how you can help. Thanks Cammie for your generosity and for bringing this out in the open to allow others to get involved.
My card uses the Mojo Monday50 sketch. I am too far behind using her fab sketches.

My dad pulled through his back surgery well yesterday. They found another issue and fixed it while they had him there. I am hoping this helps him and he doesn't have to suffer in pain any longer. He's had several back surgery and surgery in general stemming from an injury he received many years ago.

My sister brought Cody lots of cool goodies from Ober Gatlinburg where she works. He was just thrilled and he showed them off all evening. He has the zipper pulls on his backpack already.
There is awesome blog candy here as well. Awesome stamper, check her out.

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet card.

Heather "Hev" said...

Your card is so lovely Tina :) She looks quite relaxed!!

Sorry to hear of your Grandfathers illness and Dukes Mothers passing. Such a nasty disease!!!

Glad things are ok with your Dad and things get better and better :)

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous contribution to the cause!!! How sweet and generous of you ... you rock the block!!

~Hugs!!

Lauren said...

Super cute - I'm sure she loved it. I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing ok!!!

Jenn D said...

What a thoughtful card. I'm sure it will be much appreciated!

malieta said...

Your card is very pretty Tina and supports a great cause!
My mom has the same disease and it is heartbreaking. She no longer recognizes anyone but she always has a smile on her face and she loves to sing old gospel songs. I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy!!!
Glad to know that your dad is doing fine after his surgery and that Cody is one happy camper:)

Allison said...

Another great bella...love the bubbles!

zukesgirl said...

This is awesome!
Great card and great sentiment

Tracy

AlienAnessa said...

Wow, TH, you did an amazing job on this card, love all the colors and that flower and the brad!! I watched Alzheimer's take away ex's grandma, from start to finish, and wow, what an experience.

ShareThis