Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Holiday Greetings

This card uses a Mojo Monday sketch from wayyyy back. I used PTI Mailbox Greetings for the main image as well as the sentiment. I am trying to get a few Christmas cards done since it won't be long before the big day is here. Of course, with as many layers as this one has, I will have to pay the extra postage. I am trying to find a design for this image while only using minimal layers so I don't have to pay the extra postage. Many of ours can be hand delivered, so I am happy about that. I think this leaves me with about 70 more to make; I'm a bit overwhelmed, but every little bit helps. Shoulda followed Jenn D's lead and make a dozen a month.

Ok, so I used SU! Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, Old Olive and Bashful Blue; the dp is Making Memories; the scallops and plain rectangles and circles were cut using Nestabilities. The image was stamped onto PTI Stampers Select White with Memento ink; then colored with copics. I used the snowflake embossing folder from Cuttlebug on the Bashful Blue layer. The ribbon is from PTI. I used the Mat Pack from SU! to help me place the red brads and pierce under the sentiment; and then used a white gel pen to highlight the mailboxes as well as each scallop in both shapes. Oh, and I used Icicle Stickles on the pile of snow. The image and sentiment panels are each adhered with foam squares.
I know these aren't your normal Christmas colors, but I rather like that. You can tell it's a holiday card, right?
In my cleaning yesterday, I found our bathroom closet with mold. I bleached it out for the entire day yesterday and hope that helps. It wasn't horrible, looks like it had just started. So, we'll be keeping an eye on it.

14 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous mix of elements! Love the bugged BG, the DP and ribbon!

Catherine said...

70 more to go...wow! good luck =)
love this one

Charith said...

now this card is gorgous Tina! I love the colors you used for the holiday card.
70 to go huh? good luck!

Jenn d said...

This is adorable Tina! I have to get my September cards done. Next year you can join me in the 10 cards a month. It really is a fun and easy way to get them done.

I just love the dsp on this one.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh fun tina I love this card, great colors and design.

Lauren said...

This is super cute. Great use of the sketch!

Annapurna said...

Very cute! Love all the colors and matching elements.

Smriti said...

Lovely card...I like the coloring of the mail boxes and the overall look is so holiday-ee (if there is such a word :))

AlienAnessa said...

Oh lordy lordy, I LOVE THIS CARD!!! Dang you did an awesome job on this card, I love everything! Yowy!!! Love it!!

Janine said...

Great card and I just love this PTI set!

zukesgirl said...

VERY cute! I like the nontraditional colors and how you used the stickles. Your coloring is amazing!

I need to get started on my Christmas cards too. I think I have a design in mind but I am waiting on the embossing folder from LoriMart!

Tracy

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is fantastic, love the embossing and that stamp, you are one ahead of me on Christmas cards, I haven't done any as yet.

Bev said...

Great Christmas card Tina! I love the colors and the mailbox stamp is the cutest. I love your coloring too. Bev

malieta said...

Wonderful Christmas Card Tina!
At least you have started on your Christmas Cards. I'm still working on Halloween! LOL

ShareThis