Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Winter Wishes

This is a sketch from Jen's SFYTT from this weekend, she really does have some great ones. I always love it when I have an image in mind when I see the sketch. Of course, she always provides fabulous samples to inspire.

I'm still trying to get some Christmas cards done and so far have about a dozen. Duke will be getting laid off for the winter starting November 1st, so that knocks about 20 off my list. Hoping my connections at work will land him a job.

I used non-traditional colors (to say the least, right?!), and Curious Ice Gold Metallic paper. I just love that paper with the Snowflakes embossing folder, the design really stands out. I used Crystal stickles on the snow, sparkly and a hint of pink.

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I like the colors, super work.

Adrienne said...

I love that mail box stamp! It is so adorable! And you are awesome at coloring them! :D I want some copics but cannot convince myself of the expensiveness. I will stick to color pencil for a while!

Jenn D said...

This is really pretty. I just love the glitter.

Lauren said...

This is so pretty. I really love how it shimmers.

Charith said...

Love how you glittered the snow under the mailboxes! Great colors. What a super embossing folder! I keep saying I wanna come to your house and play, you have such great "toys"!!

Allison said...

Lovely with the splash of pink!

this blessed nest said...

visiting from tn & blog around the world. love your cards & magazine holder!

malieta said...

Very pretty card Tina!

Deb Neerman said...

Great card, Tina! Love the touch of pink and all that glittery glitz!

AlienAnessa said...

What a wonderful card, you're right, that metallic paper super-emphasizes the folder design!! You rock at non-traditional colors!!

ShareThis