Monday, November 17, 2008

Blessed Baby

I made this for my nephew and his wife who are expecting a baby pretty soon. It was kind of a shocker to hear the news earlier in the summer, they are entirely too young. Of course, I am the only one that waited until well into adulthood to become a parent. Some of my nieces had babies before I did;. they're all in such a hurry to grow up.

The image is from a Stampendous, colored with copics. The sketch is Lauren's mytimess12, a very nice one for small images. I used all PTI cardstock for this one. I like the depth of the Ocean Tides color with the softness of Lemon Tart. I especially like that it is gender neutral. I haven't been told which they are expecting, so I think this will work for both.


I am not looking forward to going into work tomorrow. I have to move to the front Reception Desk. With the two ladies gone, there will be some shifting around to cover all the positions and make sure that all the work still gets done. I stay cold and being by the door isn't going to help me much.

Cody's class is having their Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow and I had to buy the mac & cheese. We went to the grocery store somewhat specifically to get it, and FORGOT it. I swear I worry about myself sometimes. Of course, I thought I had plenty of time since I didn't really look at the date in the first place. Thankfully, yesterday I looked inside his backpack to make sure he didn't have any homework and there it was...the "buy the food" reminder. Had to make a quick run to the dollar store to pick it up.

I think I lost all the brain cells during pregnancy, just another reason I never had more children. I'd be dumb as a rock! LOL

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, great sketch.

Lauren said...

Fabulous Card. Love the hint of the scalloped edge.

fishlips said...

This is just Darling what a perfect layout...FANTASTIC!!!

Allison said...

That is a cute little stamp...great with this sketch!

Jenn D said...

First, I love the new blog design.

Second, your card is adorable! The colors are perfect for a gender neutral card. Good luck to your nephew and his wife. I didn't have Colin until I was 28 and I still didn't feel prepared. Somedays now I still feel that way.

I read, when I was pregnant of course and it was too late, that a woman loses 20 IQ points for each child . . . I don't know the reliablity of that study, but I feel like it's true on a daily basis.

Don't worry about forgetting stuff at the store. I do that all of the time and 99% of the time it's the one item I went for. LOL!

Jenn

Charith said...

Such a cute card!
Being a mom to 4 I now understand my problem... thanks for clueing my in! LOL

Rachel said...

That is such a cute card!!

Oh trust me don't feel bad, i've done the same thing too many times to count.lol

ShareThis