Friday, January 16, 2009

Angels Among Us

ETA: It was an ordeal to get to work today. My car overheated, don't understand this since is was 3 degrees. So, I had to wait for the car to cool down, stopped at a service station and purchased a gallon of water. The attendant told me I needed anti-freeze, which I knew but couldn't find. I ask him if he has any, uh...NO! So, I fill the car up with water. Unfortunately, the inside of my car NEVER got warm, so I was frozen solid after being in the below freezing weather for more than 45 mintues. Good grief! Thankfully, I had hot cocoa, oatmeal, and an incredibly warm space heater waiting for me at work. I am not feeling the love for this card, but I am posting it anyway. I used SC211 for this card, you can find it at SCS under the Card Sketch category. I hardly ever play along in the week that the sketch is posted and I am hoping that is something I can change. The stamp is from H & M Stamps, I got a few sets when they were $5 or less. They are great quality stamps that give a perfectly stamped impression. I am certain I will order from them again. And, you can see the new stamps and punch from SU!

Here is the close-up: Well, I have some news. I will be the July Guest Designer for Bombshell Stamps. They have really great, fun, retro images and I can hardly wait to get my hands on them. Be sure to check them out!!

I'm trying the Origami Box posted at SCS on Monday, what a nifty little project. Just waiting for the glue to dry and figure out how I want to decorate it. You'll get to see it tomorrow.

My friend, Barb, from work will be taking me to lunch today at Johnny Carino's. I can hardly wait! They are entirely too good to me there.

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that darling angel, so sweet.

V Colbourne said...

Your card is super sweet :)

V Colbourne said...

Oh, and congrats on being the guest designer for Bombshell Stamps!

Heather "Hev" said...

Lovely card Tina , so warm and cosy :)

Cathy said...

Very cute card!! Love the image.

pat said...

Very cute card!!

Pat

Danni said...

So sorry it was such an ordeal to get to work. Stay warm!
Very cute card, fun image!
Ohhh, enjoy Johnny Carinos for me, that is my favorite place and ours closed!

Heather said...

OMGosh! So cute and sweet! Love your use of colors and images! Super fabulous!

Michelle said...

Too funny Tina as it sounds we are both going through the same feelings with our creations right now! I think the card is really cute! Sorry to hear about your horrible morning but your co-workers sound AWESOME!! Hope you enjoyed your lunch!

Rachel said...

I think you did a great job with this card, that image is so cute. Wow i hope you don't have anymore mornings like this one. Hope you had a GREAT lunch!! Congratulations on your guest designer spot, i will have to mark it down so i can check out all your wonderful creations!! :0)

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Sweet card, Tina! Love that angel!
Sorry to hear about your ordeal but so glad you made it to work where it was warm and toasty! Hugs,Becky:)

Annapurna said...

I think it is kind of cute. Love all those little hearts.

I guess we need to stock up on winter essentials before winter. They usually don't have it when we need them :-)

Lisa Foster said...

Oh Man! I hope your Saturday is going better than your Friday Morning! You poor thing...hope your car is gonna be ok.
This card is so CUTE! What's not to LOVE?
Congrats on being the guest designer at Bombshell!

ShareThis