Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monkey Love

This is my interpretation of the sketch from Beary Box for this week. I loved the layout, but was perplexed by the "trees". I decided to go with hearts, covered them in stickles and called it done. You can see that I stamped on the ribbon, and that it feathered a little. I'll try a different ink next time and see if that makes a difference. Head over to the Beary Box blog to see what the other designers have done with the sketch and then be sure to link to the Beary Box blog to win this week's fabulous prize.

Here is the detail shot:

Well, with my birthday on Saturday, the boys are trying to figure out what we are going to do. We typically go out to dinner and that's it, no gifts for the adults anyway. Hopefully, they'll choose The Olive Garden...it's one of my favorites. Last year, they took me to Red Lobster. I rarely partake in shellfish as Duke is so allergic. Well, he decided to try the shellfish anyway and became VERY ill. His face swelled up and he could barely talk because his throat was swelling as well. Almost cost us a trip to the emergency room. Needless to say, he said it wasn't worth it!! So, I won't tempt him with shellfish again.

17 comments:

Danni said...

This is adorable! Love the sparkle hearts!
Hope it's a great birthday where ever you go!

chelemom said...

What an ADORABLE card!!!! Love those sparkly hearts!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh these guys are so cute.

Michelle said...

Tina I LOVE This card! The colors are awesome - I would have never thought of them for it! I love all the stickled hearts! AWESOME!

Charith said...

We must be on the same wave today Tina 'cuz I posted a card using the very same image. Of course yours is way cuter!
My dd's b-day is Sunday and she picked the Olive Garden for dinner! too cool!
~hugs to you

Jenn D said...

This is adorable Tina. I love all of the hearts. I find craft ink the best for stamping on ribbon. Or stazon. I am still perfecting my technique in doing that.

Again, have a wonderful (and uneventful *for Duke*) birthday.

Jenn

Rachel said...

this is a beautiful card! the colors are wonderful and i love your sparkly hearts!!!

Lauren said...

This is SUPER cute. The glitter hearts rock Tina!

~Jenn said...

awww that's sooo cute!!! What great colors!

Kristie said...

Cute card, love the sparkly hearts!! Happy early birthday!

E.T said...

Your card is totally adorable! Beautiful colouring. And ecxellent choice of colours! I love it!

Cathy said...

This is so sweet!! I love the glitter hearts and you gotta love these little guys!! Great card.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

This is just too, too cute! Love all the sparkly hearts! Hugs,Becky :)

Annapurna said...

Love the colors and the stickled hearts. Adorable card. I never had luck with stamping on ribbon either. Will wait for you to figure out what works better and tell me :-)

Nicole's Scrappin' Corner said...

Adorable. :O)
Love the monkeys and the colors and the sparkle hearts...so darn cute!
TFS>

Kimmie0270 said...

LOVING these colors!

Smriti said...

Your coloring and the image both are lovely! Also like the glitter hearts :)

ShareThis