Monday, February 9, 2009

Beautiful

This is my interpretation of Mercy's sketch #29. Mercy has a really great blog and if you haven't seen it, you are really missing out. She posts a new sketch every Tuesday.

I used some more MME paper and a few PTI sets.

I got all my bedding washed Saturday, gosh where does it all come from? We are taking some extra blankets and both comforters to the laundry to get them washed. They are too large to fit in our machine. Nothing like clean bedding though, even if it is alot of work.

I also went to the grocery store for just a few things...spent way too much money. My goodness, $100.00 worth of groceries can fit into about 4 bags. Shocking how much food costs these days.

Cody's Valentine's are ready to go, he went with Power Rangers this year. In all actuality, I bought them last year on clearance. Will probably do the same this year as well, I don't go through the trouble of handmade for things that will be ripped and thrown away. Although I realize no one can keep everything, it's a little much to use my good cardstock and paper for 2nd graders. So, I sent some Jolly Rancher lollies and store bought Valentines; I'll end up signing up for some sort of food for the party.

12 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin your colors, so pretty.

Ann Kranitz said...

Love it!! I love the different layers.

Danni said...

Our kids aren't allowed to have a party on Valentine's day, so sad. LOL!
Pretty card!

Michelle said...

I recently checked out Mercy's blog from another card you did and I really enjoy her sketches and her work! Your card is very pretty - LOVE the colors! I gotta get that top note die...I see it on so many cards and it's just calling my name!!

Rachel said...

love the colors you used, such a wonderful card! :0)

Lauren said...

Super cute Tina! I love the rock'n'roll technique.

Allison said...

Beautiful Tina...love this PTI set!

Jenn D said...

Ask my husband what happens when you shove a queen sized comforter into the dryer and attempt to dry it at home? Yep, my 2 week old comforter was scorched. He bought a back up but I haven't pulled it out yet. I swear new comforters are jinxed in my house. The cat threw up on it, that's why my husband attempted to wash the last one. Luckily the scorch mark is where the top folds down so you can't see it.

Your card is gorgeous! I'm excited for the new sketch tomorrow, although I have so many to catch up on from everyone else.

Lisa Graves said...

Beautiful card, I love all the layers.

Risa Malieta W. said...

Your card is very beutiful Tina! I love the DP and the stamp is gorgeous.
I totally understand what you mean about making Valentines for a class of smaller children. I usually make something nice for the teacher and buy the Valentine treats for the kids.
hugs
Risa:)

Cathy said...

This is gorgeous! Love it!!

Lynn said...

This is very pretty! I love the layout and colors you used!

Your right $100.00 doesn't go far any more these days, we have five people in our family and my teenage son could out eat anyone, lol. Some how he still manages to stay skinny.

ShareThis