Friday, February 13, 2009

Raspberry Tea Holder

I made this to go into a Valentine's Day package for my friend. She and I have been good friends since high school, reconnecting about one year ago. I picked up some little cars for her boys and sent her some raspberry muffin mix, holiday cupcake cups, a mini heart ice cube mold, and a heart themed kitchen towel. Lots of fun stuff to open. Anyway, I thought the perfect beverage accompaniment would be Raspberry Zinger tea. She needs the strong stuff to keep up with her two boys. LOL Guess raspberry was the theme---raspberry muffins, raspberry tea, and Raspberry Fizz paper and ink.

Unfortunately, in my haste to get it in the mail so it would be delivered in time, I left out the Valentine's from Cody, the lollies, and the heart shaped measuring spoons. So, I've put all that in the mail and she'll get it, although probably not in time for the holiday. Maybe the muffins with distract them enough not to care. I'm such a scatter brain.

It has been another long week. I haven't been sleeping because I am having strange, weird, off-the-wall dreams. I don't know what is prompting them, but I wake up several times a night. Most of the time I can get back to sleep, but it's just onto another crazy dream. Hmmm, maybe it's the food. Duke has been doing most of the cooking since he's been laid off. That sounds reasonable.

9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So striking, fab job.

Kimmie0270 said...

I'm sorry your not sleeping well, that happens to me on occassion and I know how rough it can get.

Beautiful card - your friend will love it!

Kimmie0270 said...

I'm sorry your not sleeping well, that happens to me on occassion and I know how rough it can get.

Beautiful card - your friend will love it!

Danni said...

I hate not sleeping well, it just throws everything off.
Cute card!

Lauren said...

Super cute! The cup is so sweet.

Risa Malieta W. said...

Your card is very pretty Tina! This raspberry color is really starting to grow and me and I love how you themed your project around the color. Your friend is going to have a fit when she receives her goodies from you!
Take care and I hope you sleep better tonight.
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Very pretty! sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. Maybe the dreams are more frequent and stranger due to the lack of sleep - you know it's a vicious cycle! I hope you get some GOOD sleep soon!

Heather said...

Tina,

I am so sorry to hear you are not doing well right now!!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I hope it gets better soon!!!

I love all the red and Pink on this card it is very cool looking!!!

Heather

Deb Neerman said...

What a great ... and thoughtful ... gift! Your friend will love this!

Sorry 'bout the bad dreams ... they do seem to come in cycles though. Don't worry; you'll prolly be switching over to the wild, crazy, passionate love dreams next ...

~Hugs!!

ShareThis