Friday, February 6, 2009

A Trendy Tree

I used my brand new set from SU! called Trendy Trees, love it! It is definitely a little bright, but I used colors from the strip of American Crafts dp as inspiration for the colors. Besides, I don't mind bright colors. LOL

Dakota had the port put in yesterday and finally woke up from the anesthesia at 6:30 p.m. He woke up in the middle of surgery, so they gave him a higher dosage and put him right back out. He doesn't have to go back to the hospital until Wednesday, when they will give the results of a few more tests as well as start radiation therapy. His doctor said his cancer has a 90% cure rate, so the prayers have worked! We are all ecstatic but remain realistic. Thank you all so very much for the prayers and support, I can't tell you how much it means to me.

9 comments:

Allison said...

I am glad the stats are so great for Dakota (much like Avery).

Love that stamp...I am going to go scope out that SU! site now!

Danni said...

Cute card!
Continuing to pray for your nephew.
Email me if there is a place I could send a card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Hugs for Dakota. Love your card.

Lauren said...

Great news on Dakota! I love this little card. The tree matches the dp perfectly.

Michelle said...

I've been MIA and couldn't wait to get to your blog to check out your new creations and see how your nephew is doing!

Love the card - so bright and cheery! Exactly what I'm needing right now!!

I will continue praying for Dakota and am happy to hear that the success rate is so high!!

Jenn D said...

First I am SO so happy for Dakota. I will continue to pray. Those are some wonderful stats to work with. Here is to a full recovery.

Second, I am so jealous that you have this set. I still have not ordered it. Your card is so cute. You are so good with the bright colors where I am not.

Lynn said...

Your Trendy Tree card is very cute and cheery! I like the bright colors!

Rachel said...

what a cute card! I really like those colors!! still praying for Dakota

Cathy said...

That is good news! I will continue to keep Dakota in my thoughts as well as you and your family. Love the card!

ShareThis