Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's Up Cupcake?


ETA: My nephew has Hodgkins Lymphoma. He is being subjected to a myriad of tests to determine which stage it is in and if it has spread. So far, there are no masses in his chest, which is very good news. He will be going through more tests each day ending on Thursday. If it has not spread anywhere else, the doctor will reopen him and remove the cancer remaining in his face and he will NOT have to have chemo. This is what we are praying for...that it has not spread and it will be over very soon. Please keep Dakota in your prayers!

I sampled Jen's SFYTT for this week. It looked so interesting that I had to try it; not totally sure I succeeded. You can see I'm getting my money's worth from the Candy Lane dp.

We got bad news yesterday from the doctor regarding my nephew. My entire family is upset, devastated, and angry. His parents and my parents have an appointment later today to find out what exactly we are dealing with and their suggested course of treatment. I *may* enlist you to send cards him and my sister. They sure are gonna need something to look forward to. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers, it really means alot to me.

14 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Tina, I'm so sorry about your nephew! I will continue with my prayers and let me know if I can help out in sending a card!

As far as your cupcakes go - they sure do look yummy! I saw this sketch and am hoping to try it out. It's a little bit outside of my comfort zone so we'll see. You did a fabulous job with it though!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Your cupcake card is yummy.

Kimmie0270 said...

I'm sorry about your nephew. He's in my prayers.

Those cupcakes look very yum! Great take on that sketch!

Danni said...

I'm so sorry about your nephew. Let me know if you need cards or whatever!
Fun card, yummy!

Rachel said...

Oh Tina i'm sorry about your nephew. I will keep him in my prayers!!
I'm loving this card, just looking at those cupcakes i'm putting on weight!LOL

Lynn said...

Super cute cupcake card for the sketch!
So sorry to hear about your nephew being ill.

Jamie Martin said...

This looks good enough to eat! Very nice :)

Allison said...

This is a hard sketch (IMHO)...great job with it!

Smriti said...

Hi Tina, hope all goes well with your nephew! He'll be in our prayers.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

Oh Tina! This makes me so sad. I will definitely be saying prayers that the news will be good for your nephew. The waiting is horrible so I will also be saying prayers for your family. Sending you big cyber hugs.

Your card is yummy and I love it.

Becky

Jenn D said...

You know I'm praying for all of you.

Your card is adorable! Love those cupcakes.

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

Thinking of you and your family! Thanks for playing with the sketch...I love your card!

AlienAnessa said...

That card is stinkin' wonderful and adorable!!!

Risa Malieta W. said...

I love your super cute cupcake card Tina!
hugs
Risa:)

ShareThis