Friday, March 27, 2009

Measuring Life

This is my take on the sketch from AmyR for this week, AMYRS62. The quote is from Paper Trey and I used a portion of Swirly Tree from Paper Makeup Stamps.

Now, some good news. My mom called me to let me know that the Monday test results are in and preliminarily speaking, Dakota's cancer cells are inactive. And, all the tests they ran yesterday will be back on Tuesday. Depending on those results, he may only have to go through two more treatments and we are DONE baby! I cannot tell you how happy my family is on so many different levels. All I can say is I am astounded in the power of prayer and so grateful that so many people prayed for him!

Cody has a sleepover tonight, and I hope to find a bit of time to stamp while the boys are playing. I usually don't allow sleepovers without Duke being here but I was ambushed at Wal-Mart and didn't feel like I could say no. Ah well, I can surely handle two 7 year olds....right?


11 comments:

Dawn said...

This turned out great. I really like that paper. It has such pretty colors. Congrats on Dakota. That must be such a journey...the power of prayers is fantastic.

Allison said...

Terrific news! And what a lovely card with great paper! Love how the flourish is set off against the sentiment!

~amy~ said...

Great news....lovin' your card...it is one of my fav quotes...

Jenn D said...

Tina, that is such fabulous news! I am so happy for Dakota and all of you!

Your card is so pretty. Have fun with the sleep over. I'm sure it will be perfectly fine. Have a great Friday night.

Michelle said...

What a pretty card and how awesome about DAKOTA!!! WHOOHOOO!! Keeping my fingers crossed on good news on Tuesday!

Christi said...

That is fantastic news! I also LOVE this card and how you used the flourish! Fantastic!!

Lauren said...

This is beautiful Tina! I love the gingham ribbon.

Danni said...

Such wonderful news on Dakota!
Love, love this card! Oh so pretty!

Meli Mitchell said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I got distracted by your new RPatz picture!!

Anyway (ha ha), this is a color combo I never would have put together myself...and it looks gorgeous! Love swirly tree :o)

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Tina..I love it! I'm so glad to hear some good news for Dakota...God is good.
hugs
Risa:)

Deb Neerman said...

Woohoo, good news!

And your card is wonderful, Tina! Just love it!! That DP is gorgeous!!

ShareThis