Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happily Ever After

I finally used Damask Designs from Paper Trey Ink, finally. I cased Heather Pulverenti for this card as well.

The wife of one of my boss' asked me to make a wedding card for her assistant/ best friend who is getting married next month and then moving away. She's happy for her, but sad to have the distance between them. I chose some non-traditional colors, loving the punch of the Raspberry Fizz ribbon.

The sentiment is from another PTI set, I think the name is Favor It Weddings. The swirl scroll is from Boxes, Bags, and Tags also from PTI. I think the nesties shape nicely compliments the damask and bring a certain elegance to this wedding card.

I even cut a Top Note die and used it on the inside since I chose a dark cardstock for the base.

This information is coming straight from Scrapbook News and Review:
Double-header, double issue FREE weekend at Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. Come check out the fun and excitement at http://www.scrapbooknewsandreview.com./ From Saturday, September 26, 2009 until Sunday, September 27, 2009, we're celebrating the Grand Opening of our brand new website. Come get a gander at the site, chat on the forum, join in a challenge, play a game or two and the best part of all, see the inside of the magazine for FREE. Our Special Double Issue -- our largest issue of the year -- debuts on Saturday, September 26, 2009 at 8:00 p.m. EST and from the moment of debut until 8:00 p.m. EST on Sunday, you'll have complete access to the world's largest online scrapbooking magazine. With over 400 layouts (scrapbooking and digital), cards, stamping and altered art projects, product reviews, manufacturer spotlights and more, you'll be amazed at the incredible inspiration, fabulous tips, tricks and techniques, amazing tutorials and exciting eye candy. Don't delay -- register on our site today. You must be a registered user to play.
Whatcha waitin' for?

6 comments:

Danni said...

Very pretty card!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty!

Dawn B. said...

This is really pretty Tina. I love the color combo you chose. The division of the card makes a nice focal split. SUper job.

~amy~ said...

LOVE this a TON tina....sorry, I'm behind on the 'ole google reader.

Michelle said...

great card! Thanks for the heads up about the FREE weekend at Scrapbook News & Review - I'm definitely going to check it out!!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Tina! I love the stunning DP!
hugs
Risa:)

ShareThis