Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Inspired

It's Wednesday, and that means that the Queen Kat Design Team is having a blog hop. If you didn't start from the beginning, be sure to do that HERE. Plus, you don't want to miss the inspiration photo.

What struck me first about the room were the punches of pumpkin all over and the general look of the room. Lots of "white" space, the starfish on the accent wall have the look of being embossed. So, I mimicked that. The embossing folder is one from Quickutz, I adore it.

The tree is from Funky Trees, stamped in Pumpkin ink, then die cut and embossed with a Labels 4 die. Lastly, I embellished it with some flatback pearls.

Now, hop on over to see Maria.


19 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your tree, awesome work.

Queen Kat said...

very nice!! I love it. It's clean and fresh.

lotsa scrap said...

Love your interpretation of the inspiration photo!

linnes said...

Sweet, crisp, I like it!

CraftyMomOf2 said...

very sweet and quiet...perfectly serene!

Nancyroo said...

very cool! love the embossing!

~amy~ said...

delish card tina!

Kaytee said...

Gorgeous!! Love that pumpkin ink!

Maria Levine said...

Nice job Tina! Love the pumpkin color!

Anita said...

I love that tree and the background embossing is just awesome.

Alex said...

This is a beautiful card. Simple and striking.

Rachel said...

what a great card, i love that embossing. and your image is too cute.
hugs,
Rachel

alienanessa said...

This is stinkin' WONDERFUL!!! OMG TH, I'm in love with the sketch and everything you used, wow!!

Maigan Lynn said...

BEAUTIFUL Tina!!! I LOVE the plaid strip behind the tree! It's lovely!

kellyjean said...

Gasp, Tina! You know I love your stuff and this is just another fine example of that! Simple yet elegant. Fancy yet clean and crisp. LOVE it!

Victoria said...

wonderful. Funny how so much of what we all saw was textures. I love your mix of embossing and plaid paper.

Dawn B. said...

This is terrific Tina. I love the fall colors. I really like the texture on your background. Great job.

Penny said...

beautiful!!! love the textures and the simplicity of this!

Risa said...

Beautiful card Tina!
hugs
Risa:)

ShareThis