Friday, October 30, 2009

Makeup for the Weekend 4, Treat Box

This week's Makeup for the Weekend challenge is to make a treat bag/ box. I knew what I wanted to do, but realized in my design process that I had not needed any stamps. Uh, gotta stamp. So, I used the PMS Swirl on the oval die cuts. It truly did add some dimension and brought the pumpkin to life.

I just used a square piece of cardstock and scored at 2" all around, trimmed the corners, and put the box together. It ended up being larger than I wanted, but I just had to find lots more filler and candy to place inside. The ovals and leaves/stem are Spellbinder dies.

The treat bag was filled with some caramels and then tied with some gingham ribbon (my fave these days). It was then finished off with a button and some jute. I consider myself button challenged, but I managed to use one with it not looking so bad.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this weekend. If you upload to a public gallery, please use the keyword makeup4theweekend03. Also, be sure to link it up to the PMS blog so we can all see it.


3 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

tina! this is delightful...the swirls are perfect for pumpkins. totally, everyone needs this stamp!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cool, awesome job. Hugs Cindy xxoo

Lynn said...

This is an adorable pumpkin treat basket!!! Great job!

ShareThis