Thursday, December 24, 2009

Birthday Hi

I got the chance to use Sailing By again, this time making a card for my dad's birthday. It is just perfect for masculine cards, I am so happy this set came along when it did.

This color combo is one I rely on for male cards, it's just classic. The boat was colored with copics and then a bit of texture was added to the sails by dabbing on colorless blender solution with a paper towel. It really aged it well.

I used a fun punch from EK Success for the wave border and then added some piercing detail next to the sentiment. Lastly, I tied on some jute and called it done.

I am so excited to see the boy's face come Christmas morning. We didn't shower him with tons of gifts, but he got most of what he asked for and a few things he didn't. His whole Christmas list fit onto a post it, how cute is that?

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Very lovely card Tina, love the way the border looks like a wave. --Holiday hug to you. Cindy xxoo

Randee E said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!! I love everything about it!! The color combo is stunning and love the sails!!

Katie Cotton said...

this is just such a gorgeous card!!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the beautiful shading on the sails.

alienanessa said...

holy crap, I love this, the papers are perfect and those sails, wow!

ShareThis