Sunday, December 6, 2009

PMS December Sneak Peeks, Day 3

There are some wonderful quotes being released this month from Paper Makeup Stamps. I chose this one by Dolly Parton, mostly because it is so true. But, she is originally from the area where I work, it's hard not to be influenced by her in some way.

I used the cute little sailboat from Sailing By, stamping it onto Kraft cardstock. Once I airbrushed the quote, I used a washcloth moistened with colorless blender solution to add texture to the ink. My thought was to make it look weathered and similar to a sail's texture.

Head on over to the PMS blog to see what other quotes and word art are being released this month. I said it before, but this has truly been one of my favorite releases, perhaps because the images and quotes are so versatile; and because, in great part, this month has been themed.

Tomorrow is Release Day, are you excited?! The Paper Makeup Artists will be celebrating with a blog hop. Then be sure to join us later in the PMS Forum for good times and prizes. The party starts at 9:00 PM EST.

You'll also want to see this post, it's the 9th Countdown to Christmas sale.

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovely card tina...that quote is great!

Make sure that you check my blog today...you might be a smidge happy:)

Allison said...

This is such a sweet sentiment...great idea with the sponged BG!

Lisa Foster said...

Beautiful card Tina! Love your washcloth texture technique! Lovely quote too!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cindy Haffner said...

Love how you did your sentiment Tina, so clever.

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful Card Tina, Loe your colors!

alienanessa said...

Uh, how many ways can I spell WOW??!! This is amazing, my sweet friend, holy wow! =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful card Tina!! Love your distressing on your sentiment panel and your colors.
hugs,
Chris

ShareThis