Monday, December 28, 2009

Tiny Gift Bags

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, prayers, and thoughts for me and my family. My grandpa was pretty special to me since he was the only one that I knew, my paternal grandfather died when I was an infant. Anyway, he and my grandma always made our visits memorable and we were always so excited to see them. We knew we'd get to go feed the ducks in a nearby pond, eat popsicles, and play with toys from the toy drawer. I'll miss him so much.

I cut both these tiny bags out on my Cricut yesterday, just playing around. But, since I had to package some earrings for a few of the gals at work as a belated Christmas gift, I thought it fitting to dress them up a bit.

I definitely need to invest in some 12x12 cardstock since I have none; I honestly don't have all that much 12x12 dp either. Just when I thought I had my spending under control too! LOL

I am back at work today only, then off for the remainder of the week. I am so happy about that, I am enjoying my time off in a big way. And yesterday, I baked two loaves of banana bread, the Martha Stewart recipe. It is delish!!

I am slowing trying to get in the habit of stamping again, I can't tell you how long it's been that I was at my craft table and completed a project in one sitting. I mostly don't feel like crafting, so much else to do, I suppose. But, piddling around, playing with papers and stamps have put me in the mood to create again. I hope this feeling sticks around for a while.

11 comments:

lotsa scrap said...

Tina, my thoughts are with you.

Michelle said...

I'm kind of going thru the same thing. I sat down tonight to create a card and just wasn't feeling it. I think I'm burned out - plus I have so many things I want to tinker with. Like my new cricut. Love the boxes you created! So very cute. I really want to get back to scrapbooking - seems like I let one addiction take over and forget the others. My resolution is to spread the love amoung all my addictions :o)

Cindy Haffner said...

Tina these are so pretty.

~amy~ said...

what fab giftie bags...I don't have a cricut but have TONS of 12 x 12:) LOL

Rachel said...

Tina these are adorable!! My hubby surprised me with a cricut expression for Christmas so i'm excited to play with it more, i played for awhile yesterday. I also haven't stamped in awhile and i'm hoping to get in the mood like real quick!! lol. Big Hugs to you,
Rachel

Kim said...

Tina, those bags are beautiful!

Jenn Diercks said...

Tina,

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I am thinking and praying for all of you.

Your bags are adorable! I wish when I had a cricut it would have been the 12X12 version. Mine only cut teeny tiny stuff so I sold it. Have fun at work today and enjoy the rest of the week off!

Mandy said...

These are gorgeous, Tina. So sorry to hear about your grandfather...

Allison said...

These are beautiful...I am so tempted to get a Cricut...sigh! Hugs to you...feel better, k?

Danni said...

Hugs, thinking of you!!
Lovin' the bags..I need to play more with my cricut and making bags and boxes and stuff...ahh, so many ideas, so little time!

Jaspere said...

What a cute idea. Great for card sets.

ShareThis