Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday Cheer

I used this super fun sentiment and quote from Birthday Cheer to create a card for my stash. You can never have too many birthday cards, IMO.

I found this Sassafrass Lass paper my LSS Clearance Center; it has some fun colors. I started with a vision of making this a masculine card and then added the bling and scallops. Don't know what happened, but I suppose it all worked out. A little piercing in the corners finishes it all off.

Going forward, I will only be able to post during the week. It takes alot of time to do my DT work, magazine work, my IRL job, and just being a mom; the amount of time spent being crafty is causing distress. It's so hard to find a balance that works for everyone, and unfortunately, my DH is not supportive of my crafty endeavors in the least. I am hoping to get some of the "required" crafty stuff done on my weekday off and take the weekends with my family.

7 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Love the card, Tina!

It seems like more and more of us are taking the weekends off from blogging. It really does take up a LOT of time. I'll bet you find you really enjoy having the weekends to spend with your family and you won't even miss blogging!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin this!!!

Rachel said...

This is sooo pretty!!
hugs,
Rachel

Jenn Diercks said...

Your birthday card is so pretty. I love the rich colors.

I completely understand you on the being away for the weekends. I have been enjoying time with my family and not worrying about the blog for a while now on weekends and it's so nice. Enjoy them! Time goes by way too fast.

Danni said...

It is so hard to find a balance. Hugs!!
Wonderful card!

Allison said...

Oh gosh...what a fun layout. And I want all your DP! (I need to make an order, methinks!)

Sorry about DH...kick him in the @$$.

alienanessa said...

Holy moses, this is great! Love the papers! Very cool sketch! =)

ShareThis