Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cherry Begonia

I had to pick up a small gift for Duke's sister, who so graciously watched Cody after school for a few days. I picked up this cute bottle of bath gel as well as a tube of bath salts with the most delightful colors. It's a very close match to Hibiscus Burst.


I used a Pretty Packaging Template from My Time Made Easy. This one is called In a Pinch and it was a perfect fit for the stuff I picked up.

I also used the cut file Flutters and Flowers to make the daisy accents as well as using the cut out to airbrush directly onto the template. Then, it was a matter of randomly stamping a daisy and some polka dots, from Paper Trey Ink, onto the template before adhering it together.


Here is a close up of the daisy on top. It's pretty big, but since the items inside are named Cherry Begonia, I thought a large flower was ingenious. I cut the flowers from white cardstock and then airbrushed them with copic markers.

Lastly, a length of ribbon was tied around the neck of the box. Let's hope she loves it!

16 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Well, I love this! And I'm sure she will too. This is gorgeous, Tina, and so beautifully embellished!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow
Tina, this is GORGEOUS!!

Jenn Diercks said...

This is gorgeous Tina. I still haven't used that template. You have such a thoughtful gift to give. I'm sure she'll love it!

Lynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Risa said...

You are on a roll with these fabulous project Tina! I love your creation and the recipient will also!
hugs
Risa:)

Christi said...

Tina this is amazing!!!!!!!!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous creation, Tina!! The top is fabulous!!

Lisa Kind said...

OMGosh! This is GORGEOUS! I don't see why she wouldn't love it! Great job using the cut files. I haven't tried mine yet. Just got the Cricut out of the box this week! Great job on this beauty!

Stampin' Pam said...

STUNNING and your airbrushing is divine - I just love the daisies and polka dots you used - just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - hope to see you again next week.

Kathryn B said...

This is beautiful Tina!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Ooo Tina, this MTME © In a Pinch sample is fabulous! I like how you cut a window in it & embellished it with those gorgeous flowers! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge - hope to see you Saturday for an all new challenge!

Sue Lelli said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the big daisy on top! The airbrushing is just FAB!

Maria Levine said...

This is beautiful! I love the cut file daisy on top so perfect. The airbrushed flowers are awesome! Fabulous job Tina, thanks for playing along with us!

Allison said...

This is awesome...want that flower file! You enabler, you!

Gabby said...

Tina this is gorgeous! LOVE that daisy on top!

Thanks for playing along with us at JUGs!

alienanessa said...

I can't even get over this, I've been staring at it for several minutes, just wow!! You did such a great job on this!!! Any chance you wanna share the template? ;)

ShareThis