Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love Me Do MTSC62

I made this for Mercy's Tuesday sketch challenge, MTSC62. I also used some fun new papers from My Mind's Eye called Love Me Do. I recently indulged on some Verve stamps and broke out the Up, Up and Away set since it matched my papers so well.

All the elements were cut out using my Cricut Expression and the SCAL software program. The scallop circle shape is from Penny Duncan and the double loop border can be found on the SCAL Forum. I was able to make the circle shape myself. *wink*

Please say a big prayer for my family. Duke rolled our Jeep down the driveway yesterday morning. He seems to be fine, obviously very sore from all the bouncing around. But, the bad news is that while we have another car, it is unable to make it on the terrain. With all the rain we've gotten, the red clay is very slippery mud that ruts out and makes it impossible to pass without a 4-wheel drive. We only had liability insurance since it's an older vehicle and we don't have the money to go get another car. Since he's unemployed at the current time, I refuse to go into debt. We're looking into other options, such as a motor for his son's vehicle, but they are hard to find. In the meantime, we could use prayers for his health and that we figure something out soon.

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Tina this is so pretty, I love all the layers.

~amy~ said...

Oh Tina...hang in there girlie....

sweet card...I love anything MME and the red and blue is my favorite combo right now:)

Christi said...

I saw this on SCS and fell in love!! Wonderful job!!

Allison said...

Awesome...super paper choices!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

I'll keep you in my thoughts Tina, and hope that you figure out a solution soon.
Love your cute card, those papers are really gorgoeus!
Hugs
Nicola

Danni said...

Still thinking of you and praying for you! Hugs!
Wonderful card!!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful Tina, I love the detailing!
I have said a prayer for you and your family and I sincerely hope that an answer is in the immediate future.
Big Hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Oh Tina - I'm just catching up on blogs...so sorry to hear about Duke. So glad he walked away from it with just some soreness. Thank God for that - I'll say some extra prayers for you and your family! I know it must be stressful but IT will work out...

ShareThis