Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Re"Think"

Going with the PMS one year anniversary, we were recently challenged to Re"Think" our very first card using Paper Makeup Stamps.

This is not only my first card, but one I submitted to be considered for a position on the Paper Makeup Design Team. This one is very soft and subtle, and I used one of the iconic images in the store, Swirlie Tree for the background flourishes.

This one uses bright colors, love those bright colors. Especially since the weather has been so dreary this winter. I, again, used a quote and Swirlie Tree, and the same basic layout.

The dp is from October Afternoon's Farm Fresh, fun colors and a great match for the flower punch. The lattice border is a SVG file I downloaded from the SCAL Forum, I love it. The flowers were attached using liquid glue and then some pearl accents were added as centers. The final touch was some homey gingham ribbon.

Although I liked my first card, this redo makes me smile; the colors are so cheery.


12 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE your do-over, Tina! The original card is pretty but the redo is so bright and fun! Love that lattice work!!

Pretty-In-Ink said...

They are both gorgeous Tina!
Love the bright colours of your redo card!
Hugs
Nicola

~amy~ said...

what a super fun challenge tina...I love your sassy re-do of your card...sooooo fun!!!

Allison said...

What a fun idea for a challenge...I just love your re-take...what fun elements and colors!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both beautiful Tina!! Love the quote on the first and the colors and the lattice border on the second. Gorgeous creations!
hugs,
Chris

Risa said...

Hi Tina,
Both of your cards are beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

Randee E said...

OMG! SO cheery and pretty! I didn't even notice the swirlie tree until I read your post!! Love it in yellow :0)

Lynn said...

Both cards are fabulous but I'm lovin the bright colors and fun papers on your second card! This border is awesome!

Danni said...

These are both wonderful! I like the softness of the first one and then the contrast with the second one of the happy, bright colors! Fun!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tina these are so PRETTY!!

Amber said...

Very nice!!!

alienanessa said...

Well, they're both great, that's for sure, but your re-make??? HOLY #*$(!! It's absolutely amazing! =)

ShareThis