Monday, March 8, 2010

Viva La Verve, Week 1

I have decided to throw my hat in the ring and participate in the Viva La Verve challenges for the opportunity to win the Verve release. For the challenge, they provide a sketch and inspiration photos.

I chose this photo and gained inspiration from the colors, a great match for October Afternoon Farm Fresh papers. The card base is PTI's Rustic Cream, which has a little more of a country/ vintage look and texture.

The flower is from the Wishful Elegance set, it's so pretty. I just added a bit of blue to the border strip and in the airbrushing around the flower to soften the hard edges.


9 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Love red and yellow together Tina, so pretty.

Rachel said...

GORGEOUS!!! Love that gingham paper and those polka dots together. fantastic card Tina!
hugs,
Rachel

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! It's bright and beautiful Tina! I LOVE the fun polka dots and gingham together! xx

Shawne said...

great colors and patterns together, the airbrushing looks awesome, very pretty card Tina!

Allison said...

Sweetness! ♥ that paper and layout!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Tina.. I LOVE the colors. I would never think to put these together.. Terrific job...Way to go on challenging yourself...:)

~amy~ said...

oooohhh......this has got to be one of my very favs of yours...love it!

Risa said...

Wow...your card is too cute Tina!
hugs
Risa:)

alienanessa said...

Wow!! Wonderful!! Totally gets your attention immediately!! Love the boldness!

ShareThis