Sunday, April 18, 2010

Blessings

The set, Blooming with Blessings, is one that I knew I would have to have. Here I paired it up with some Basic Grey paper, perfect match for the flowers I dare say.

The moment I saw this set, Bless My Bloomers, I was enamored with it. I am so jealous of those with a green thumb! I want to be a fantastic gardener, but it's so hard to plant anything where I live; the red clay isn't conducive to much. But, I have a small deck garden and add to it a little bit each year.

We are adding some blueberry bushes this year and some herbs too. Can't wait for that! Yum-O! In fact, I've already let DH know that next year I want a big herb garden.

Ok, back to the card. I just mixed and matched scrap papers from October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket that I had and created a layout that worked with them. I LOVE the watering can, so I opted to use it as a planting vessel for those gorgeous red flowers. The cluster of flowers was colored, cut out, and then pop dotted for some dimension!

12 comments:

Danni said...

Both are wonderful but I really adore that second one, just fabulous!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Oh wow! What awesome cards! I love them both!
:-)

Jenn Diercks said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Tina. I think the 2nd is my favorite of the two, although they are both lovely.

Shawne said...

How pretty, I love these! those new paper packs are great!

Cindy Haffner said...

Both so CLASSY Tina.

Lisa Kind said...

These are so lovely! I love the colors of the first one (you should enter it in the JUGs challenge) and I LOVE the second one! That watering can is so pretty and the papers are fab together!

Risa said...

Both of your cards are fabulous Tina! I especially love the way you colored the water can, the colors and detailing are stunning!
hugs
Risa:)

Michelle said...

Both cards a fabulous! Your coloring is gorgeous :) I know what you mean about the garden thing - we are working to put in a small veggie garden and a herb garden as well. I'm very excited about it - but it does take a lot of prep work since our ground is like clay...I'm hopeful though!!

Allison said...

♥ what you did with the Kioshi...those flower stamps are the perfect match! And I love to garden to but I live where it is so dry that it takes a miracle to get anything but desert-like plants to grow!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Tina! Great stamps and wonderful mixing and matching on the DP ... fabulousness!

Justine said...

Holy Wow, this is colored so beautifully.

alienanessa said...

Well you sure took those up a notch where there was no upper notch! Breakthrough beauty, wowy!

ShareThis