Friday, April 9, 2010

Covering M4TW23

The winner of my blog candy is Carisa! Congrats Carisa!! Please email me and I'll get all the info I need to get your stamp on its way to you!

Today's Makeup for the Weekend challenger is Lisa Kind, who is challenging us to make a project using a template of some sort.

I used Slip Cover from My Time Made Easy. Once it was cut with my Cricut, it was time to assemble; and it came together so quickly. I cut two mats, that was easy enough to do as well.

The colors of the box were inspired by this Offray ribbon that I have had forever. I colored my stamp from Friendly Flowers with Copic markers and then spritzed the white cardstock with colorless blender solution before stamping. It offers a wonderful watercolorlike effect. I added some liquid pearls to the little dots found around the vines to add a little more softness. Lastly, I colored and cut out the cute butterfly and then just glued it to the edge of the mat.

We do hope you find time to play along with this challenge. You don't have to use PMS stamps, but we'd like to see them if you have them. Use the keyword M4TW23 when you upload; then just link to the PMS blog so we can take a look.

You definitely want to look at the PMS blog to see who else is provding samples this week.

13 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Tina I love your curve accent, very STRIKING.

Allison said...

Love this x 1000! And that ribbon...yum!

Lisa Foster said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the butterfly...love it all really! :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Randee E said...

OOOh! Love the colors, so bright and springy :0) Such a cute project. Half the fun of making these cute little containers is figuring out what to put inside :0)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWZa, this is beautiful! LOVE the color combination and that fab ribbon! Fabulousness!!

Shaela said...

*sigh* I guess I'm going to HAVE to get this template now - you're the straw that broke the camel's back, lol! fantastic job

Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL!! ABSOLUTELY love the colors and what a gorgeous butterfly. The ribbon is like icing on the cake - perfect!

Rachel said...

This is gorgeous Tina!! love that beautiful blue you used.
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty, Tina! Lovely colors and that ribbon is fab!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that ribbon is great but your resulting project is fantastic! Love that curve! ;~> .....Alien

Risa said...

What a beautiful project Tina! I love the wave effect and the color combo is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Christi said...

This is WONDERFUL Tina!!! I love this!!!

Kristie said...

Oh I love this! The ribbon is fab!!

ShareThis