Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm a Featured Friend!

I'm April's Featured Friend at Clear Dollar Stamps and I am just ecstatic to have been asked! You can see the post at the Clearly iStamp blog. Thanks Lori and Laurie!

I've enjoyed collecting (and using) Clear Dollar Stamps sets, they are such a great value. And, they have so many different types of sets/ individuals to choose from. I really look forward to their releases, so inspiring.

I picked up this frame some time ago at the Dollar Tree, thinking it would be great for quotes and the like. The panels are just the right size, 2x3. Well, I am thrilled to have finally used it and I could not be happier with the outcome.

I used Bitty Botanicals, a different one for each framed panel. I stamped them in different colors first straight on, then without inking up. I love how it adds another bit of dimension. You can find a tutorial for this technique here.

The sentiments are from Bless My Bloomers and Blooming With Blessings; they really seemed to match the theme I was going for. Don't you love when you can use pieces from several different sets and still have a cohesive look? I know I do!

I have a very good friend that is having a tough time with someone at work, I think this will bring some happiness to her desk. Perhaps it will serve as her "moment of zen."

Thanks so much for stopping by! And, thanks again to Lori and Laurie for the opportunity!!


13 comments:

Donna Faglie said...

Cute project! I know your friend will be happy to receive it.

Laurie tx stamper said...

Gorgeous display art! Well designed and the colors are soothing. Congratulations on being CDS Featured Friend!

Chef Mama Lori said...

Congratulations Tina! Your art piece is beautiful and your friend will surely love it!

Michelle said...

Congrats Tina on being the featured friend! You are an awesome friend and so sweet. Your work is amazing and I know your friend will love this awesome piece of art that you created for her!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Tina

Lisa Foster said...

This is so beautiful! Congrats on being a featured friend :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Rachel said...

Congratulations Tina!!! this is sooo pretty your friend is lucky to have you there to perk her up!!
hugs,
Rachel

Nancy said...

wow, Tina,
Just came from clearly istamps and your cards are gorgeous!!!
Hugs!

Cassie said...

Congratulations, Tina! It's no surprise, because your work is beautiful ;D

Danni said...

Congrats!! This is just gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

Congrats Tina!! Woot woot!!! Gorgeous project!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful and so clever & great! Your friend will treasure it forever! ;~> .....Alien

Risa said...

Congratulations on being a featured friend at dollar stamps Tina! Your cards and projects are amazing and you are very deserving of this position. I love your panel of Bitty Botanicals, each image is beautiful!
hugs
Risa:)

ShareThis