Thursday, April 1, 2010

PMS Anniversary Blog Hop

**Warning---Long Post.

Today is my one year anniversary with Paper Makeup Stamps. The other anniversary ladies and I are celebrating by having a blog hop in honor of this milestone. I am the last stop on the hop, you should have arrived here from Lisa McKinney's blog. If not, I encourage you to start here.

Paper Makeup Stamps celebrated their one year anniversary in February and there was a month long celebration. Katie started her journey with Christi and then more of us joined them in April via a Design Team call.

There are a handful of us "old timers" that are still lucky enough to be on the Paper Makeup Stamps Design Team. Today, we all decided it would be great to share what this one year has meant to us. They truly are a great group of gals too!


I used Katie Fairy and the ever useful Swirlie Tree. For anyone that doesn't know already, Katie is a very sweet, generous, and kind person. I am happy to be able to call her a friend. She is available when I ramble, complain, gossip, and just want to talk. And, I hope I'm able to do that for her too.

I will never forget the day I received the invite to join the team. It was late night when she sent the email, apparently wanting us all to wake up to this wonderful surprise. What she didn't know is that I suffer from insomnia, so I read it a little earlier than expected. Can you believe that I wasn't even going to open it because I figured it was a rejection?! Imagine my delight when she said she wanted me! ME! If it hadn't been so late, and if my family wouldn't have been asleep, I might have screamed a little louder and danced around my living room! Instead I had to wait 'til morning to celebrate, it just about killed me!

It continues to be a pleasure working for Katie and using Paper Makeup Stamps month after month. They truly are some of my favorite stamps, I adore every single one I have. It seems like each release is better than the last and she lets us make real contributions to the company whether by creating samples, participating in discussions about a direction she wants to go in, or simply offering suggestions for future stamps. She and Christi are so compassionate and sweet and are truly supportive of everyone on the team. It feels like an extension of my family.

Thanks Katie, thanks Christi! It is my pleasure to be on this journey with you, thanks for letting me stick around. And, here's to many more years and much success to Paper Makeup Stamps.

If you've made it this far, thanks for hanging in there with me. I will randomly choose one (1) person to win the fairy of their choice from the Paper Makeup Stamps store. All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post by Wednesday, April 7th. I will announce a winner on April 8th.

17 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

ooh! You chose the perfect stamps to celebrate Katie and Christi and PMS!! Wow! Thanks so much for getting this hop together! You are so thoughtful!!

Katie Cotton said...

TINA! You stinker! Thank you so so much for thinking up this idea! Your support over the last year has meant the world to me! You have done so so much and listened, and offered advice and so much more! I feel so honored to have you on the team! Not to mention that you are 1 talented lady! Thanks so much again for all that you do!

Ginny said...

Cute card :) I think the swirlie tree is my favorite of all the PMS stamps. I have gotten to where I never even put it away as there is always a use. Besides it looks nice sitting on my desk :)

Carisa said...

cute card!!! i loved the hop & its obvious you really make great friendships while on the dt - that is so special.

~amy~ said...

excellent card Tina...love the classic color combo!

Carma said...

Tina,

You are the best to put this surprise together and your card is perfect! Thanks for being such a great DT for PMS.

(Katie's mom)

Lauren said...

This is so sassy! Love it!

Michelle said...

awesome story - it sounds like you guys are a wonderful little "family" in itself! I can't believe it's been a year for you - your samples are always so beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you bring us in future months!!

Dawn B. said...

What a great story.. I love DT's that are like this.. Not all of them are. Great card Tina..I still have mine that I won and have not had time to use them.. They are so sweet..

Tracey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love your card. PMS and Katie are awesome!! Thanks for a fabulous year!

Kim said...

Tina, this is so pretty! Congrats on 1 year. Miss you gals!

Christi said...

OK my heart jumped when I read the PMS blog and saw there was a hop and I was like OMG what email did I miss?? LOL!! You are SO sweet Tina and this team would not be what it is today without you. I am so thankful that I can call you my friend. :) Your card is wonderful BTW! LOL!! :)

Lisa Kind said...

This is such a perfect card and you are the perfect design team member! I wish i could be more like you! Thanks for putting this together...it was so thoughtful and such fun! Way to go, girl!

Michelle VP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anne B. said...

Really cool card!

abackman66 at hotmail.com

silvia said...

Happy PMS Anniversary!!! GORGEOUS card!!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely lovely! Congrats too for being such an excellent designer on that great team!! ;~> .....Alien

ShareThis