Thursday, April 8, 2010

Springtime

I had a chance to use Mercy's sketch, MTSC65. This adorable Heidi was paired with some beautiful SEI papers and spring colors.

I had some fun coloring her, especially that hair. I'm trying to improve on my shadowing skills and leaving some highlights here and there. Of course, I did have to add stickles to her wings, they just don't seem complete without some sparkle.

We had to do some grocery shopping yesterday, much to my chagrin. Duke wanted to drive me since I have been having trouble with my car. He is a slowwww shopper and it drives me crazy; plus Cody is on spring break, so it was double trouble. Thankfully, they parked it on a bench for most of the trip and let me get to it. I will admit, however, it was nice to have someone to carry it all out, and load/ unload it.

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Swwet, love that layout and love how you colored her.

~amy~ said...

such a sweet card...love your coloring!

I don't like grocery shopping and always want someone to join me so it isn't soo boring/painful and so I get help with the bringing in the bags into the house:)

Allison said...

Hmmm...shopping with the WJs can be fun or insane depending on the day (esp. since they have knocked over the cart more than once!). Love your glittery goodness here...her hair is perfectly shaded!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is gorgeous, Tina! So beautifully colored, too ... you've really got the 'shading' thing down pat ... LOVE those sparkly l'il wings, too!

Cheryl said...

Very sweet!

Danni said...

Awww, this is so cute!! Fab job!

Michelle said...

Such a cute pixie - her wings are fantastic! Like how you added brads/dewdrops to the smaller panels. Looks very good!

Rachel said...

oh how precious is she. you did a beautiful job Tina. I love how you used Mercy's sketch.
hugs,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, I've been in here several times to ogle this card, she's just gorgeous! Perfect sparkle and coloring! ;~> .....Alien

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful in every sense of the word Tina! I love everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

ShareThis