Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Life is Good VLV

For the 4th May Viva la Verve challenge, we are to follow the sketch Amber provides and then find inspiration in our own hobby room. I chose some papers since I had recently gotten some October Afternoon pads.

I knew I wanted to use the palm tree from Relax, I have tropical everything on the brain lately. We are in the early planning stages for Cody's birthday and I am buying up all sorts of fun stuff for fear that it won't be around when I actually need it. His closet is bursting at the seams with party goodies.

Ok, back to the card. I just let the papers do most of the work and aside from a little bit of coloring, this card came together quickly. I may have found my will to color again.

It's been quite a while since I have stamped, had most of my blog posts through Wednesday scheduled from earlier this month. Feeling so out of practice, when I did stamp, I used word art or solid images; it was not line art that needed to be colored. I felt like my coloring was so bad, I apologized to Katie for the state of my projects recently. But, I may have found my groove again, and might stick with smaller images before I tackle ones with lots of detail. Until I remember what I am doing at least.

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

PRETTY PRETTY Tina, love your layers.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Tina,this card is so pretty!!I love the colors and that image!!Those baubles add to the finished project!!

Charith said...

Beautiful card Tina. I perfer to think there is a monkey sitting at the bottom of your palm tree =D
Love the paper choices!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous!!!
hugs,
Rachel

ShareThis