Monday, May 24, 2010

Celestial Possibilities Kit

Paper Makeup Stamps is proud to announce that we will now be selling kits with exclusive images and word art. The stamps are exclusive until the kit sells out, then they may be released at a later time. Each kit will center around a theme and all the elements of the kit will coordinate with that theme.

When I saw the brads included in the kit, I knew that I wanted to make jewelry with them. I just glued a bale onto the back of the large brad and then strung it onto a rubber/ silicone necklace. Similarly, I glued earring posts onto the matching smaller brads to complete the set. It's packaged in the Cutesy Cover from My Time Made Easy.

The fairy included in the kit is Celest and she is exquisite! I loved her the moment we got a glimpse of her. Here, I colored her to match this beautiful KaiserCraft paper. The layout I used is Mercy's MTSC74.

I added some Shimmerz to the moon and to each of the stars. And, of course, no fairy's wings are complete without sparkle; here I used Stickles.

I took a different approach to coloring her skin; I used a very light violet as a deep shadow. I think it adds to her ethereal look and also softens what could be a hard edge.

My second card uses Word Art that was release earlier this month. How fantastically does that quote sum up life? It just makes me smile! This card follows a sketch from Whimsy Haven.

I used some fun papers, ribbons (they tie like a dream), and brads from the kit. It is amazing how much you get for the price! The stars in the quote were colored with Copics and then I added just a touch of Stickles for a little twinkle.

I hope you've enjoyed what I've shown you today and I hope it inspires you to have fun with this kit when you get it!

Be sure that you head over to the Paper Makeup Stamps blog to see more details about the kit as well as more samples from the talented Senior Makeup Artists.


7 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

this is BEYOND fabulousness! Truly! I love every single thing you've made but you REALLY outdid yourself on that jewelry! Fantastic!!!!

~amy~ said...

chock full of goodness Tina...love what you've done with the brads...you are oh-so-clever and love all your cards too!!! happy monday!

Tangii said...

Wowzers girl! You did a wonderful job on the whole set!!! Every detail of every little thing is just perfect!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is over-the-top creative! LOVE how you created such beautiful jewelry out of these supplies ... talk about 'outside the box!'

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Tina!! Fab gift!! Love the jewelry!! The packaging is a gift in itself. Stunning colors!
hugs,
Chris

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, this is just all eye candy! Beautiful work! I love the fairy image - so sweet!

Dawn Mercedes said...

Ooh, now that's styling!

ShareThis