Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May Viva la Verve, Week 1

This card is for the first May Viva la Verve challenge; I chose the first room as my inspiration focusing mainly on the curtains and the punches of color. I used Blessings and One Person; they are really fun sets. The background polka dots is from the Bountiful Backgrounds set; I ended up stamping them in Versamark and then in white for a little dimension and interest.

Well, we think Duke has broken either a toe or another small bone in his foot. Poor thing can barely walk on it. I have him doped up with meds on the bedside table. I've begged him to tape it up and put some ice on it, but he refuses. I'm hoping to stop by his sister's today and borrow her crutches so he can at least get around without putting weight on it. I tell ya, it's always something.


10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY Tina, I love all your interesting layers!! FABULOUS!!

Allison said...

Fab sketch and I just love the color choices!

~amy~ said...

great card...love the colors!!!

Risa said...

Hi Tina,
Your card is very pretty and the colors are fabulous!
Take care and try to have a nice day!
Risa:)

Jenn Diercks said...

Why are men so stubborn? I hope his foot feels better and he gets back to walking on it soon.

The colors on your card are so bright and cheerful. It's so pretty.

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Tina! Such a fab color palette and really interesting design!

Men are soooo stubborn ... and yuppers, it IS always something! Good luck with your hobblin' hubby!

Danni said...

Wonderful card, so many wonderful accents!
Hope Duke is feeling better, toes are the worst to break!

Rachel said...

Ohhh this is such a pretty card Tina!!
hugs,
Rachel

alienanessa said...

Holy crap, this card is wonderful! I really do stinkin' totally love it! The layout's great, the stamping is great, I love looking at this!!

alienanessa said...

And I'm sorry about Duke's toe!! I've broken my right pinky toe three times, and it's not a bit fun, mostly because there ain't a stinkin' thing they can do to help it, ya know?? And I've dislocated my left pinky toe, the pain was terrible, and I went to get it x-rayed because it hurt so badly, but the technician claimed she had to "move it over here" in order to get the x-ray, and she ended up pulling the holy hell out of it and it went back into place. I wanted to beat her with a stick at first, but hey, it worked out! Sure wish he'd listen to you, though, about taping it!!! MEN, UGH!!!!

ShareThis