Friday, June 18, 2010

Hey Baby, it's the Makeup for the Weekend Challenge

This is for today's Makeup for the Weekend challenge. Lisa McKinney is the hostess today and she has challenged us to make anything relating to a baby. Our Lisa is expecting a baby boy in August; I have my fingers crossed that she has him on August 7th which is my son's birthday.

I absolutely love this quote and I couldn't wait to use it. I don't make many baby cards since most of the babies in my immediate family have been born. We have many years to wait to welcome any new ones (I hope!).

I went very non-traditional with the colors because I was dying to use this new dp. I love the colors in it and how cheery and bright it is. Once the sentiment was stamped, I punched it with a new EK Success label punch I picked up my LSS a few weeks ago. I love its shape and size.

Here is a close up of the felt flower. I got the scrumptious felt from the Etsy shop, Felt on the Fly. Janet is a joy to work with, the price is right, and she ships super fast. I ordered on a Tuesday and had my package waiting for me on Thursday. Now, that's fast!! And, it was packaged so nicely, I almost didn't want to open it up.

It cuts wonderfully and is so soft. As you can see, no unsightly yuckies. The button center is threaded with some thin red grosgrain ribbon. I layered the flower on die cut leaves from Stampin Up.

We do hope you find the time to play along with us this week. Just use the keyword M4TW31 when you upload and be sure to link it up on the PMS blog so we can come take a look. You don't have to use PMS stamps in your creation, but if you have them, we'd love to see them!


11 comments:

Danni said...

First, love your blog!! So cheery and happy!
Second, totally love your card! Just makes you smile!

Cindy Haffner said...

So PRETTY Tina, I love your flower!

Michelle said...

such a pretty card, Tina! Love the colors - totally makes me smile. Lovin' the new blog look too! I adore felt - you used it to cut out the flowers? Very cool!

Deb Neerman said...

Love what you've done with the place, Tina!

This card is fabulous .. love the DP and those gorgeous felt flowers. Absolutely stunning!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

August 7th? I don't think so! LOL! Love the new blog design and I think your card is adoreable!

Carma said...

Love that punch shape! I really applaud your non-traditional colors. I have a hard time going "outside the box" but love it when someone else does. Great job.

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty, Tina! I love the untraditional colors!

christy b., that's me! said...

lovin' the new layout!
...and I love the use of the felt flowers.

Bonnie said...

Super cute! So bright and fun!

Allison said...

MMM...felt. Want some! Loving all these colors mixed up with this fun papers!

Rachel said...

Beautiful card Tina, Loving that felt flower.
hugs,
Rachel

ShareThis