Monday, June 28, 2010

Homemade Apple Butter

I wanted to package up some of my homemade Apple Butter for my boss; he's been spoiling us with fresh veggies from his garden.

The white cardstock was stamped with Background Basics: Tin Types using Pure Poppy ink. I just love this pattern. I then stamped the apple and homemade sentiment from Just For You randomly on the kraft-like panel. The flower is from a Technique Tuesday set.

The jar is a cut file (Well Preserved) from My Time Made Easy; the template of course, comes from them too. It's called Jam Packed, which is just perfect for the purpose I had in mind.

I cut the jar and jar contents using my Cricut. The jar was stamped on the die cut and then on a scrap piece of paper so I could cut out the label. The apple from Well Preserved was stamped and then colored with copics. Finally, a little glossy accents was added to dress it up a bit.

The circle label, part of the Well Preserved cut file, is an Avery label. Once die cut, I stamped the sentiment using stamps from the Well Preserved stamp set. I went very minimal with the embellies since it was a gift for a man. It was very well received and even his wife and children were completely smitten with it.

The recipe I used for the Apple Butter is this one. I hope you can find some time to try it for yourself, it is delish.


4 comments:

Christi said...

This is fantastic Tina!! Wow!!

Allison said...

Awesome...love it! The inside giftee rocks my world too...yum!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL gift idea Tina, love it.

alienanessa said...

This is so great! I just love that box, and I can't wait to try that recipe, thanks for giving the link!! This is one awesomely cool project! Sooooo glad you got such great feedback!!

ShareThis