Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Jarring Challenges

This is for the Color Throwdown 97 and Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge 78; I used an oval in the place of the circle.

I also pulled out my new Well Preserved set for the jar and Puckered Up Patterns for the background. I am enjoying making my own patterned paper these days. I guess I should for the number of background building sets I own. *wink*

I made some Crock Pot Apple Butter over the weekend and it is just delicious. *a photo will be included in a post later in the week. The recipe I used makes about 6 half pints, which is just enough. I will be making more since I want to be able to gift it as well. My next experiment will be Peach Butter, we are crazy about peaches at my house.

Duke is supposed to build me shelves so that I can display my collection proudly. I am totally getting into canning and preserving, must be my age. I can recall my granny, Mom, and aunts canning every year and me thinking it was the dumbest thing ever. I mean, they do sell this stuff at the stores after all. But, I always had to help with the unpleasant part of shelling peas, de-stringing the beans, shucking the corn, etc. So, it wasn't high on my list of things to learn. But, I find that the older I get, the more I want to do these things for my family.

8 comments:

MsJay said...

Nice card. I didn't know you can make apple butter in a crop pot. Thanks for the tip.

Cindy Haffner said...

PERFECT Tina!!

~amy~ said...

such a SWEET card tina! Love your new blog look..alot!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

A great card as usual, Tina!

Deb Neerman said...

This is so cute, Tina! Love the color combination and that adorable image!

Crock-Pot canning?!? Must check this out! TFS!!

Lisa Kind said...

Pretty card, Tina! Love the background you created! Wish I could taste that apple butter...guess I'll have to make it myself (or go to the store...lol!).

Rachel said...

Loving this card Tina!! especially that background!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn Mercedes said...

splendid!

ShareThis