Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank You, Thank You Berry Much

I had these two stamp sets from My Time Made Easy sitting on my table and thought that the largest flourish from Fanciful Flourishes looked like the perfect place to nestle some raspberries from Well Preserved.

I used a variety of papers from Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket. I really thought I would use Green at Heart paper pack more, but I really don't care for it. There is just too much purple in it for me.

I tried out the new Jumbo Scalloped Dienamics from MFT and I really like them except for the fact that it leaves an embossed line on the paper from edge of the die. But, if I flip it over to use the other side, the paper is somewhat "embossed or wrinkled" with the cutting side of the die cutting plates. I just might be using them incorrectly. Hmmmm. Anyone got any advice for me?

I got lots of questions about the Crock Pot Apple Butter recipe. It turns out fantastically, and tastes amazing. I used apple cider instead of water, so that helped to intensify the flavors.

To can it, you just sterilize the jars and lids; then spoon the apple butter into the hot jars making sure to clean any spillage off before attaching the lids. Then, put them into a water bath, filling to at least 2 inches above the lids. I boiled mine gently for 30 minutes, then set them out to cool. The pinging of seals is a glorious sound!

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Tina this is so PRETTY, I love all the layers.

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Tina! The stamps are beautiful and I love the colors of the ink you used ... so fresh and fun!

Allison said...

That is so fun...surely would make anyone smile! Loving the BG DP here!

Rachel said...

oooh beautiful card Tina!! love those pretty colors together!
hugs,
Rachel

Jenn Diercks said...

Those berries look yummy. What a gorgeous card!

~amy~ said...

berry sweet...

Dawn Mercedes said...

your cards are always so amazing!

alienanessa said...

This thing is so frickin' gorgeous, I almost feel like cursing about it!! :-0

The leaves/branches and berries are wonderful, and the papers are DELIGHT-A-MOUS!!!

ShareThis