Monday, July 19, 2010

Back 2 School

This is a sad reality in my world, my son starts back to school on August 9th. On one hand, I am sad to see his summer vacation end.....on the other, well, I am tired of hearing, "I'm bored!" But, at least this year, he starts school after his birthday!

I used more of my beloved Making Memories paper, I had to cut into my last sheet of the numbered and striped varieties. I sure wish I could find more, but I don't even know the name of it.

I pulled out a go to set, Apples to Apples, for this one. The sentiment was stamped twice, once in brown, then again in red. I trimmed out the number in red and adhered it to the brown one. The apple was colored with copics, then I added some Glossy Accents. I trimmed it out and then adhered it with Jody boosters. Lastly, I added a small baby blue button with some red/ white twine.

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hi Tina, AWESOME back to school. Hugs Cindy

~amy~ said...

Cute!!!!

Jenn Diercks said...

Back to school so soon? Our registration information doesn't even get mailed until August 3rd.

Your card is so cute. The paper is fabulous!

Lisa Foster said...

This is really CUTE!!! Perfect papers!
I can't believe he has to go back on the 9th...WOW..why so early? I don't think our schools her start until the last week of August. LOL..yes, I remember all too well the "I'm Bored"...always wished that I had time to BE bored :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh wow school starts early for you. We have another 7 weeks before school starts here. Not that it matters to my girls since I homes hool and we start back on August 1.

Your card is beautiful!! I just love your choice of papers and the apple you added. Fun card!

Rachel said...

Fabulous card tina!! Ugh my girls go back the 11th of Aug. Now to get the school shopping done!!!
Hugs,
Rachel:0)

Michelle VP said...

Your son must get out of school a lot earlier than mine. We go back September 7th here, so I'm not even close to ready for one of these back to school cards, haha. Love the little button you added to your apple. :)

alienanessa said...

Oh now that is just fantastic!! I have those papers and now I know how to use them together!! Nothin' like learnin' from the pro! Love that dang string in the button!

ShareThis