Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Verve Throwdown

Katie and I both were stalking the last Verve release. While we were discussing (via IM) what we were ordering, she indicated it would make it easier if she were challenged to use them. And, since I am such a good friend/ enabler, I jumped right on it so that I didn't feel any guilt in ordering as well. LOL It goes without saying, that DT work sometimes leaves you with little time to "play" with other stamps (aka contraband). I, myself, have felt like I am collecting pretty stamps and not getting nearly enough use of them.

So, I put out some challenges and today is the day we post. We both purchased Kind Words and Great Friend.

I stamped the leaves from Great Friend onto some cardstock and then matted it. I used varying shades of gray with a tiny bit of color thrown in.

Once the tag was made, I ran it through my Big Shot to die cut it with MFT Die-Namics Notebook Edge Die. Well, a happy accident occured; all the scratches and grooves from the cutting pads etched a pattern on my tag. Just added a little bit of texture. Obviously, the die is meant to go through paper before you add a bunch of layers.

Next up was the sketch, you can find it in this post. I changed it up a little on this card so that I could add some ribbon over the top strip.

I am totally digging the font Julee used, awesome. The papers are from Cosmo Cricket's Togetherness mini deck.

Now, you will have to go see what Katie did. And, if you want to join the challenge, feel free to do so.

5 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

LOOOOVE it! Love both and them and how funny we both called it a throwdown! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Both your creations rock!

Ginny said...

Ohhh I am so in love with this card. I always love how you mat things so well! An I am loving the stamps and the die namics die!

Carma said...

Love your tag and the dp on your card is wonderful. Fun "throwdown"!

Christi said...

Oh wow!! I seriously LOVE this card!!!!

alienanessa said...

I'm with Ginny, you mat things so well!! This card is wonderful. I think you could throw *poop* in the air and end up with a collectible!!! It's absolutely great!

ShareThis