Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gift Tags Galore

I am busy preparing for the Christmas holidays, trying to decide who gets what this year. It'll be a mostly homemade holiday for us. I enjoy giving homemade gifts, for obvious reasons. These are the tags that will be accompanying my packages this year; I just hope I find wrapping paper to match. LOL

Of course, Dawn McVey was the inspiration for these tags. Mine aren't nearly as pretty as hers, but I had loads of fun making them. I also tried to stick with a similar color scheme- red, cream, green with a little kraft thrown in.

I ended up making 16 of these since I could die cut 8 from one sheet of cardstock. I'm making more to give to my cousin, Sonya. I am hoping to visit her next week! They are relatively easy, it's just alot of die cutting...thank goodness for machines that do the hard work for you. I just stamp and glue. LOL

The papers were ripped from a book, it nearly broke my heart to do it. Then, I just layered on some label dies after they were stamped with snowflakes from Snow Happy. I used a sentiment from the set as well as a few others, one of which you can get FREE just by placing an order (Season's Greetings).

All the gems are from Pizzazz Aplenty. Super fun and oh so sparkly! I used an assortment of colors and sizes for these tags.


8 comments:

E.T said...

These look amazing Tina! I love the idea of tearing a book page! Adds more character to a project :)

Allison said...

Love your tag creations...this is my whole focus right now! Great with the kraft esp.!

Christina Fischer said...

omgosh, Tina -- these are fantastic! I'm on a tag-making kick right now, too -- they're so much fun! :)

~amy~ said...

Love the tags Tina...the book text is really a nice touch..

Cindy Haffner said...

I ADORE your tags Tina.

Danni said...

Love these tags! How wonderful!

alienanessa said...

Those are seriously inspiring! I love how each one is a bit different, and your deliberate placing of the gems is wonderful! I have GOT to get some of that stinkin' floss, gosh dangit! Speaking of get some, you'll be getting something when a package on its way to you arrives, it doesn't include your Christmas prezzy because I'm not quite done with that!! <3

Rachel said...

WOW!!! these tags are gorgeous!!
hugs,
Rachel

ShareThis