Friday, December 10, 2010

Inspirational Makeup for the Weekend

It's Friday! That means we have a new Makeup for the Weekend challenge. I am the hostess this week and I have an inpiration challenge for you. Here is the photo I chose to get your juices flowing:

The fabrics look so pretty lined up together, don't they? I sure wish I could sew, but I am extremely challenged in that area.

I decided to make a paper quilt with BG Kioshi papers, they are a nice match for the fabrics in the photo. Once I had my squares lined up onto a thin white cardstock, I used the Top Note die to cut it out. I then cut around the dotted edge and matted it with black cardstock for a little punch.

I added some sparkle to the ornamant die with Scor-Tape and Dazzling Diamonds, super shimmer (although it doesn't seem very visible from the photo). The sentiment from Snow Happy adorns the smaller ornament very nicely. They are attached to the card using some lilac twine.

I think this rounds out my Christmas card stash, I have a whopping 11 made. LOL Since I don't send many out anymore, this will probably be enough. I might have to squeeze a few more in, but those will be either tags or small cards, not full-size ones.

I would love it if you could play along this week. You don't have to use PMS Stamps to play, but if you have them we love to see them. Just use the keyword M4TW52 when you upload to your blog or public gallery, then link it up to the PMS blog so that we can take a look see.

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Tina

~amy~ said...

Awesome!! Love the ornaments!

Michelle said...

beautiful card...love the colors, the patterns, the sewing...PERFECT!

Christi said...

Gorgeous!!!!

alienanessa said...

Love the ornaments - my eyes very much appreciate the dazzling diamonds - and the quilt - I soooooooooooooo need that top note die! Everytime I see someone use it, I remark in my head how much use I would get out of it LOL

Carma said...

This is fabulous! I have the Kioshi papers too and I thought of them before I saw your card. I had great intentions to play this week...but time got away from me. Great inspiration piece!

ShareThis