Monday, December 13, 2010

Verve-y Curtain Call

Well, I got a call from my boss at about 7pm last night letting me know we have a SNOW DAY today. Woot! And, although there is plenty of work to do, I am thankful that they think of our safety in times of bad weather. *crossing my fingers I can find some craft time. I am soooo far behind on my posts.

The sketch for this week's Viva la Verve challenge is super fabulous. As always, you are provided a sketch and inspiration; the inspiration this month is Ornaments and Winter Decor.

I also combined this challenge with the Curtain Call Color Challege: Act 60. I've mentioned before how much color challenges scare me, but ironically, there are a few that I know exactly what I will do with them. This was one of those times.

Leaf fronds were punched from olive and celery cardstocks and then glued onto the circular cardstock base to make the wreath. Once they were dry, I added some gems and pearls. Finally, it was mounted onto a nesties oval.

The two image panels behind the main image were stamped with a background from Bountiful Backgrounds and the leaf cluster from Dream Big, then I overstamped them with a polka dot border from Bountiful Backgrounds in white. This tones down the color while adding another layer of interest. It kinda looks like snow.


6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

FABULOUS layers!!!

2Bis2DO said...

Wow! I love your card.

alienanessa said...

OMG I love it! All the different patterns and the "snow" stamping are wonderful. The wreath is genius and awesome, the embossing is great, and that one strip of striped matted paper is so cool!!

~amy~ said...

wooo hoooo for a snow day...love your card and all the fun panels!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Tina! Love the wreath and your take on the Curtain Call colors...thank you for playing with us! Happy holidays ~S~

Christina said...

What a beautiful wreath, Tina! Love the gems you added and that perfect bow. Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

ShareThis