Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Final January VLV

This is for the final January Viva la Verve challenge. The sketch was awesome, as always.

I still had the papers from PMS' Mon Cheri kit out, so I went ahead and used them. I love these papers, top notch quality!

There is hardly any stamping on this card, only a smidge of the flower from Great Friend. I just stamped it with a very light pink to mimic the tone of the papers. The flower stamens were enhanced with a selection of different gems from Pizzazz Aplenty.

Well, on a personal note, I finally went to get my hair cut on Saturday. I guess it had been since the summer it was last trimmed because I've been trying to grow it out. My hair is really thick, so it needed to be thinned and then shaped. I am often amazed how much hair I have when the waste from the thinning shears hits the floor. I think I could have made a wig with it all. LOL Anyway, she added some long layers toward the bottom so it frames my face in a good way. Plus, she showed me some tricks to add volume and keep my hair outta my face, which is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Can't stand pushing my hair out of my face. I do need to become more proficient using the flat iron, it takes me a great deal of time to get it styled. I'll post some before and after pics when my blemish clears up....can you believe I still get 'em at my decrepit old age?!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

fab card....gotta love a new hair style...I actually heard it is healthier for your hair to use a round brush and hair dryer rather than the straight iron...I know...I know...that takes time too....

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your card Tina. I can't wait to see your before and after pics. I still get blemishes and I'm over 50!!

Carma said...

Great card! My kit just arrived and I haven't had a chance to use it yet.
I envy your thick hair...mine is sooo thin.

alienanessa said...

Holy moses, love this stinkin card!! The papers and the colors are loverrrrrrrrrrly!!

Hey, how much had your hair grown compared to your profile pic? I can't even tell you how badly I need to get a haircut and color - if I had any more grey than I do now, I'd be in sickly sad shape to be showin my face around town! LOL

alienanessa said...

OK sweets, you said you'd post pics and I can't find them, and those stupid, shouldn't-get-them-after-25 blemishes should be cleared up, ya? Gotta see my TH!!

ShareThis