Friday, January 28, 2011

Love Banner

Using the Mon Cheri kit again to make some cool Valentine's Day decor for the house. It has been such a long, cold winter that I really need the reminder that spring will come eventually.
Cody chose all the paper combos, so I can't take credit for the look of it!

The banner was cut using CutUps from The Cat's Pajamas, then I adhered the dp to the scalloped mat. I made 4 rosettes, this time using two strips of 6x6 paper. The letters were cut with my Cricut and once adhered to the circle punches, they were coated with stickles.

Ribbon was woven in each flag, then buttons were added in between with twine. I made the ribbon extra long and then just looped the ends so it'll be easy to take down and have every inch of ribbon available for other projects.

Cody received his Grade Card this week and I am thrilled to report that he is back on the Honor Roll. His last one was so terrible that I have remained a fixture at his school, calling, showing up, etc. so that I can hold his teacher accountable to him and to me. And, this also confirms to him that he is held accountable to his teacher and to me. It's been a battle of sorts, but it looks like we're on the right track. His goal for the next grading period is all As!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love the banner...WOW!! Great news about cody's grades!! Congrats!

alienanessa said...

Must be in the genes...he's got great paper selecting skills too!! Holy moses, I am elated to hear that about his grades and approach to things now!!

Way
To
Go,
Mom!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhhhh I love banners!!!

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the hot pink and black together and all the pleated circles!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous banner Tina!! I just love the black with the hot pink!!

ShareThis