Monday, January 17, 2011

Mon Cheri Note Cards

I pulled out the January kit from Paper Makeup Stamps, Mon Cheri, to make a set of three love note cards with clear envies. The cards were made with papers and embellies from the kit. Once the gray cardstock was stamped with a sentiment (I used three different ones from the kit), I used a punch to cut out the middle to expose the sheet music.

To package them, I used the tutorial on SCS for a Mini Pizza Box. I made mine a smidge smaller, about 3.5" square, to accomodate the size of my contents. I used nesties to cut the scallops and coordinating layers; and then embellished with die cut flowers and gems. For the closure, I wrapped some gray grosgrain ribbon around the box and tied it in a bow. I love the ribbon from this kit, the grosgrain was my favorite.

I am giving this to a friend to use for her Valentines, let's hope she loves it!

The Mon Cheri kit is still available in limited quantities, be sure to grab yours. There's still time to use it to make Valentines or send love notes throughout the year.

Today is my birthday, another year older and hopefully wiser as well. I celebrated with my fellas yesterday and will likely have a small celebration tonight when I get home from work. Duke and Cody took me to TGI Friday's, we enjoyed ourselves wayyyy too much.

To celebrate this momentus occasion with all of you, I'll be posting blog candy soon! So stay tuned.

5 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful set...love the incorporation of the musical notes!

Rachel said...

OOOh i just love these Tina!! Gorgeous!!!
hugs,
Rachel

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Tina!! I just love this set and how you used the musical notes.

alienanessa said...

OK, what you did with that set is fantastic!! Love that mini pizza box, have used the template several times, though I think it was actually 2009, can you believe that??? Sure am glad you had a great birthday, sounds like dinner was fan-freakin-tastic!!

alienanessa said...

See, now that's weird. Usually when I comment at work, like now, using IE7 (we're not actually allowed to have Firefox, even though we develop web apps that need tested in every browser - gov't sometimes makes NO sense) I can post and it didn't tell me that the comment had to be moderated. Ugh, no consistency!

ShareThis