Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Baby Boy VLV

A fella in my office is expecting a little boy with his wife in the coming months; we're finally having a baby shower next week for the happy couple. The Viva la Verve sketch seemed like a perfect fit for the baby card I needed.

I used the sweet monkey, star cluster, and sentiment from To the Moon, it's a precious baby set. I was also happy to use the Jumbo Ric Rac and Notepaper Die-Namics from MFT, I hadn't used them much at all.

I enjoy using masculine colors without it being overly pastel as baby papers seem to be. This has just enough blue balanced out by some orange, yellow, and brown. I just love the star pattern! The last thing I did was tie three strands of twine around the ric rac, thanks Jami!


5 comments:

~amy~ said...

soooo CUTE!!!!! Love the colors and that ginormous ric rac!

Cindy Haffner said...

SWEET Monkey!!

Danni said...

How cute and fun!! Perfect for a baby boy!!

Allison said...

I think I need this paper! Love that ric rac...want the die too!

alienanessa said...

Dang, I stinkin love that monkey, and the notepaper matted thingy panel is, I don't know, there's just something about every time you do that, that my eye absolutely loves! So hard to explain, and I hate when my ability to articulate takes off without my approval.

ShareThis