Saturday, March 5, 2011

Personal Update

Life has thrown me a few curveballs lately, just thought I might give a brief update on my status.

First, I have accepted a new position at work, a promotion of sorts. It came to me because of some unfortunate events and I am trying to make the best of it.

Because the position was vacated suddenly, we weren't able to find a replacement for me AND move me totally into this new position. What does that mean? Well, for now it means that I am doing both jobs. We do have a temp worker that is helping me hit the high spots, but I am exhausted.

I am hoping that they choose someone from the ads we've been running, but even then, things will be hectic since I will have to train someone as well as do my job functions. Fun! But, I am willing to do it, happy to do it.

Another bad thing about the whole thing is the timing. I work for a publishing company and we are going to press with 6 books on the tourism side and 5 books on the hotel side. Can you say stressed out?!

So, with that, please know that I don't have time to comment on your gorgeous work everyday. I am looking at my reader in the early morning hours, but don't have much time to look up during the day and by the time I get home, I just want to eat and go to sleep. Honestly, I just want to sleep! LOL

Please don't feel any pressure to comment on my blog since I can't reciprocate much. I will catch up with each of you as I can. Just know I enjoy looking, I just don't have the time to comment.

Thanks for understanding.

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

hang in there girlie....

Michelle said...

oh Tina - hang in there! Be sure to keep getting your rest to keep your strength during this trying time. I'll be thinking of you and hope you find an awesome replacement and can train quickly :D

alienanessa said...

I can seriously relate...completely swamped, doing two jobs, just wanna eat and sleep, hope for a few bonding moments with kid(s), and then crash to do it all over again! Congrats {of course} and tons of well wishes your way!! =)

Michelle VP said...

I've been there before, Tina. Hang in there and keep your chin up. Will be praying you get a new person trained and in place soon! :)

alienanessa said...

Oh, and...I think you're doing just wonderfully!!

ShareThis